This is a great list! I mean a great list.
This list from www.developgoodhabits.com is awesome.
You’re married now… maybe for a short time, but maybe for 30 or 50 years. Just like trying to figure out what to make for dinner gets old, so does “dating” your husband or wife. But marriage does take work.
Running your kids to practice and games and piano lessons, doctors appointments, getting the roof repaired…this all takes time, patience and preparation. Shouldn’t your marriage qualify for that kind of attention too?
As the author of this excellent list states “Dates are like reset buttons in a marriage, and can often make all right in the world again with the simplest of gestures.” So get out there and date that person you would marry all over again!
Romantic Date Night Ideas for Married Couples
1. Dinner at a restaurant that requires reservations weeks, or more, in advance.
2. A horse-drawn carriage ride.
3. Go to a drive-in movie.
4. Schedule a private tasting at a local vineyard.
5. Go to the opera.
6. Take a walk through a botanical garden.
7. Try out a self-defense or martial arts class.
8. Catch a live sporting event.
9. Try white water rafting or kayaking.
10. Go sculpt or paint something.
11. Visit a museum.
12. Have a picnic on the beach.
13. Find a curbside joint to grab lunch at.
14. Go camping.
15. Create a scavenger hunt.
16. Check out an amateur comedy club.
17. Take your spouse on a tour of your alma mater.
18. Enter a fun race together.
19. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or nursing home.
20. Take a cooking class.
21. Cook your spouse a candlelight dinner.
22. Schedule an in-home couples massage.
23. Set up a photo shoot.
24. Hire a personal sommelier.
25. Order takeout from your favorite restaurant.
26. Watch your wedding video.
27. Turn each other into a work of art.
29. Dance to your old records.
30. Skype with each other from different rooms in the house.
At the end of the day, marriage is a garden that needs constant tending too!