I’m sure you have heard Lady Gaga’s song about being caught in a “bad romance.” In this article by blogger Claire Eastham featured in HuffPost, you can gauge whether you are in a toxic relationship or bad romance. She provides some signs to look for to help you figure it out, such as:
- Do your friends and family not like them?
- Do you spend over 50 percent of your time fretting about your relationship?
- You don’t trust your partner when they leave your side.
- Your partner is physically or emotionally abusive
She also offers tips on how to heal from a break-up.
- Block their number
- Go away for a few days
- Allow yourself to cry and feel wretched
- Make a list
- Keep yourself distracted.
Both of these topics can be hard to handle alone or have the potential to last longer than is healthy. If you feel an objective viewpoint would be helpful to you regarding a present or past relationship, we offer individual and couples therapy.
Contact my office to schedule an appointment today.
As the author, Claire Eastham said “Life is too short to be with someone who doesn’t treat you with love and respect. Be smart, be brave and be kind to yourself.”